Reid decided to go up to ELKO for one more attempt to get his deer. In Nevada you don't get a tag every year and this being his first time putting in he wanted to get it. So Reid, Sadie and I took off to the wilderness in some primitive camping. I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. Reid took off early (6am) and he would check in with me almost every hour on the walkie talkies. Sadie and I hung out in the trailer and had a wonderful day. I got caught up on some baby booking and a little sleep. Not as much as I would have hoped, but the day was wonderful. There was the fear I would get board, but not a chance. I told Reid I could have stayed for another day. It was really enjoyable. Sadie did take full advantage of not having an older sister pestering her and she slept all the way up (8 hours) plus all that night and into the next day until 2 pm. She must not be getting enough good sleep at home.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Last Hunting trip. . .for deer
Reid decided to go up to ELKO for one more attempt to get his deer. In Nevada you don't get a tag every year and this being his first time putting in he wanted to get it. So Reid, Sadie and I took off to the wilderness in some primitive camping. I have to tell you, I really enjoyed it. Reid took off early (6am) and he would check in with me almost every hour on the walkie talkies. Sadie and I hung out in the trailer and had a wonderful day. I got caught up on some baby booking and a little sleep. Not as much as I would have hoped, but the day was wonderful. There was the fear I would get board, but not a chance. I told Reid I could have stayed for another day. It was really enjoyable. Sadie did take full advantage of not having an older sister pestering her and she slept all the way up (8 hours) plus all that night and into the next day until 2 pm. She must not be getting enough good sleep at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did he get one? And...how fun for you to have all that time to do nothing. Sounds wonderful :)
Yeah, so did Reid actually get a deer? Andrew was pretty bummed he didn't get a tag this year. Maybe I should tag along with him next time and catch up on reading and sleep!
No he didn't get a deer. Thanks for asking.
Post a Comment